2.12.2007

luxurious living and 7-11

"I'd like 2 scratch tickets, a pack of Marlboro lights, and a round trip ticket to phuket leaving on Saturday and returning on Tuesday??"


Lived the luxurious life in Phuket-saunas, massages, personal drivers and yummy Thai food. Despite all of this I wondered if it was worth it. I have to ask you...would you feel uncomfortable flying an airline that sells tickets from 7-11? I think yes. I arrived back in Bangkok and my One Two Go airlines nightmare story was solidified. As if I needed more proof that flying budget airlines utilizing old school 1980 continental airlines planes-was a bad idea. The total 5 hour delay was not the most absurd part, nor was the new wing on the runway or painted exit signs. The Velcro neck collars on the flight attendants were appalling, but it was the scene on the tar mac that solidified things in my mind. A flight crew sitting and attempting, with much vigor, to resuscitate a passenger's pet that must have had a hard attack like i nearly did during, take off, landing, and all of the turbulence in between.

No comments: