8.11.2006


Here we are with our songsaingnim-horrible romanized translation for the korean word teacher. We went for drinks and noribang. Here we have the teachers singing!It was a long 94 hours of class, but I graduated and even passed with flying colors from Korean Class. I am now the proud recipient of a Korea University Diploma! Some times were tedious: early mornings, crying to myself in lanugage class for failing miserably on a test, sleepless nights studying. BUT, I can now successfully tell taxi drivers how to get places, write 15 sentence paragraphs, order food and soju, and tell people I am a rock star,dr, teacher,students or housewife; occupations of numerous variety. My drinking vocabulary night paid off-as I will never forget the names for dept. store, stationary store, supermarket (pronounced shupamahketa) bank or post office. Let's see how I fair on my own. Jeju cachecapsheda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lauryn!!! Just think of how far you've come in just six weeks and how many more experiences you're going to have. Enjoy each moment.We're glad to know that you are still singing and hope that your transition to teaching in Jeju is smooth. Love Mom & Dad

Jen said...

I am obsessed with the Korean word for supermarket - shupamahketa. Amazing!