As I moseyed down the streets of seogwipo, a van load of children caught my attention- or should I say the name of the center that owned the van caught my attention.
"The Ebenezer Child Center."
Memories of Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" were rendered almost instantaneously. And I thought to myself, what parent would ever send their children to this child center.
While I write this I am watching a women across the coffee shop take part in a one woman photo shoot. Just her, a cell phone camera, and about a dozen onlookers. Well not active onlookers-but enough people to make the scenario seem a bit awkward. This happens all the time-everywhere I go. Maybe it's the influence of the excessive amount of mirrors in this country. Carly Simon's "You're So Vain," ya know the one that is always a highlighted tune from the As Seen On TV "Hits from 70's" is now stuck in my head. "Only 19.95 No C.O.D.'s"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment