Dear Random Skype Callers,
Sometimes, as I putter away on my computer, my skype pops up and a moment of anticipation fills my body. Who could it be? The fam? Late night drunken ramblings from friends? People wanting to merely catch up? It's a wonderful feeling. I agree skype is the greatest tool for staying in touch. The catch with"staying in touch" however, is that the statement insinuates that you were in touch to begin with. But some people just do not understand the limitations of such a program. Just because skype is connected to your computer does not mean it is acceptable to call me at anytime of the day. Hell, it's not acceptable for you to call me at all. I don't know about you, but I have rarely-aka NEVER, just browsed the white pages and started making phone calls to talk to random people. This is not my space-this is a telephone service. So Zhenggukown, I am sorry I didn't pick up your call, but talking to strangers at 130 in the morning just wasn't appealing this evening. I suggest you hit up an Internet community of your choice or find a chat room. Whatever suits your needs, but don't call me on the phone-because it's a big letdown when it's not the people I love and care about.
Sincerely,
lauryn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment